Monday, February 6

When a Wedding Planner Plans her own Wedding

From the Bride… Being a wedding planner myself (I own Sweet Pea Studio in Chicago), it was really important to me to make sure my wedding was a reflection of me and my groom. From personal touches in the details to nods to our family and heritage, we really wanted to wedding to scream “Ian & Kristin.” To start, we had the exact same wedding venues as Ian’s grandparents did 60 years prior — same church, same reception. And I was really proud to be wearing “The Veil.” It was first purchased in 1920 in Belgium and given to Ian’s great grandmother by her husband-to-be. The veil, made of “Bruges lace,” was dipped in tea to get the ecru color. Since then, Ian’s grandmother, mother, sister, aunts and cousins have worn it on their wedding day. I was the 12th woman to proudly wear it down the aisle, and at each wedding, a “veil photo” is taken where everyone there who has worn it stands behind the bride, holding the veil. We had our rehearsal dinner at an Italian restaurant (my family is Italian), a bagpiper to pipe us out of the church (Ian is Scottish), and we had the Chicago Cubs Dixieland Band play during cocktail hour (my late great uncle was Phil Cavarretta, a famous Chicago Cubs baseball player back in the 1940s). Our wedding reception was held in the ballroom at the Woman’s Athletic Club on Michigan Ave, where Ian’s mother is a member. The building has landmark status in the city and has a gorgeous, 1920s feel to it.

The Beautiful Result

All Images Courtesy of Stylemepretty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment