Monday, May 14

The Next Chapter

Hello to all of my loyal readers! 

I apologize for taking a month-long hiatus but I'm back! The past month has been an intimidating, yet exciting time. I successfully graduated from Pepperdine University on April 28, 2012, and spent the weekend with 30 of my closest friends and family members. We had a delightful brunch on the rooftop of Kristy's Wood Oven and Wine Bar in Malibu, complete with copious amounts of love, laughter, and joy. 

Since then, I moved to Santa Monica and have been interning with Mindy Weiss nearly full time. I am sad to say that my College career is over but I am extremely proud of myself and my accomplishments that I made while at Pepperdine. While it was undoubtedly the most trying and difficult four years of my life, I made it out a much better person, friend, and employee. I learned that hard work really does pay off and that you should never give up on your dreams. I never gave up on my dreams while at Pepperdine and looking back, all of my dreams became a reality. 

As I sit here writing this, I feel more blessed than ever and am so excited to jump feet-first into my career. I hope that one day, my career dreams will morph into an incredible reality. I am actively pursuing a career in the event-planning industry and cannot wait to keep all of you updated on my progress. This is a big week for me and I appreciate all of your prayers and positive thoughts. Here are some photos from my graduation weekend:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.  So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover.


No comments:

Post a Comment