Monday, October 31

Time

Time has been on my mind. I feel like there are not enough hours in the day. I feel like a lot of my time is spent wasted on things that are 'mandatory' for me to go to. I am constantly discouraged and annoyed about the things I have to attend that I would really rather not. 

My latest frustration is the time and energy that I have devoted to my sorority. Maybe my priorities have changed, but I used to LOVE going to chapter, planning events, getting involved, going to on-campus philanthropies and what not, but now, it seems as though every Sunday is a drag for me, and I dread the events required to attend throughout the week. 

My greatest joy has been finding a church in Los Angeles that I feel a connection to. My friends and I have been venturing to Hollywood every Sunday to Reality LA, which is an amazing, upbeat, inspirational, and life changing environment to be in every Sunday afternoon. Every single person who attends Reality is not there because someone is forcing them to be there--they are there because they WANT to be there and have made it a top priority. 

Life is about making priorities and I've been thinking a lot lately about my priorities. Throughout the past four years, my priorities have completely changed. Freshman year I was dedicated to my sorority, my school work, and my future. Now, I am dedicated to living life with God, I am passionate about my future and my relationships with others, and I am feeling more inspired and more motivated than ever before. I am now dedicated to living a life of purpose and meaning that at the end of the day, is worth it. It is worth every tough moment. It is worth the pain, the suffering, the years of trials, all to ultimately receive the best gift possible, which is God's grace and love. Sunday's are currently the only thing getting me through. It would be impossible to complete my tasks that I have to do every day without faith because truthfully, I have taken on too much. 

At what point do you draw the line? At what point do you throw in the towel and start sacrificing? That is the question I am wrestling with. How can I best spend my time to maximize my faith, my life, and my potential. I don't have all the answers yet but I am one step closer today then I was yesterday. 
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment