Wednesday, October 26

Heartbreak

Heartbreak is something I never wish upon anyone. For some reason, I have experienced heartbreak one too many times. Heartbreak seems to come in cycles for me--all significant devastation's that result in positive growth. Heartbreak has shown me that God is in charge. God is aware of everything--He knows His plan for me and is never early but never too late.

I am a firm believer in the notion that we all go through seasons. Seasons of ups and downs, great sadness, and great happiness. We can never be prepared for the seasons when they strike, but we can influence the outcome. Currently, I am in a very very very stressful season. My heart was broken in High School and just when I thought I had overcome it, my heart was broken again, but in a different format. 

In College, my heart was broken in the sense that everything that I thought was "me", everything that I thought represented my character, my identity, my world, came crashing down. The past four years have been among the most difficult, if not the most difficult years of my life. Constantly faced with uncertainty, fear, and wondering when this is all going to end--I can finally say that I have found comfort in all of this. 

I firmly believe that God will never give you something you cannot handle. My heart is still broken, but my spirit is renewed and my soul is alive. My identity is stronger than ever, and my future is bright. My stress levels may be off the charts from time to time and I may have to work harder than the average woman my age, but I would not change a thing. My wounds have not been healed, but my faith has been revived, and my hope is at an all time high.

God has placed amazing, inspirational people in my life to guide me down the right path. God has placed his faith in me to walk in his image and he has shown me that there is a time for everything. 

There is a time for everything, 
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die, 
a time to plant and a time to uproot,  
a time to kill and a time to heal,  
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 
a time to search and a time to give up, 
a time to keep and a time to throw away,   
a time to tear and a time to mend,    
a time to be silent and a time to speak,  
a time to love and a time to hate,    
a time for war and a time for peace.
--Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

There is a time for everything--a time for heartbreak and a time for rejoicing. My current season is dealing with heartbreak and coming out a stronger, more confident woman. It is OKAY to hurt. It is OKAY to show emotion and it is OKAY to admit that your heart is breaking.

 A beautiful image that inspired me today
 

1 comment:

  1. chelsea, i thought this post was beautiful. you are such a strong woman and i love the fact that i can see that strength through your writing, through your vulnerableness and through your love of all things beautiful. keep your head up darling, God has such wonderful plans for you in your future and I cannot wait to see what they are and where He takes you.

    ReplyDelete