Wednesday, October 19

We are always getting ready to live but never living --Emerson

This is so true. We are so caught up in "living" that we forget to actually live our lives. Why are we never satisfied? Why are we always searching for something that doesn't exist? Everything that we are working so hard for is just 'stuff'. 'Stuff' that might be enjoyable to have, but it should not shape our identity and does not provide eternal happiness. Without the 'stuff' who are we really?

This has been something that I have struggled with for the past few years--identity loss after your identity has been stripped away. Growing up with a very plentiful and privileged life was wonderful, until it ended a few years ago. Losing nearly everything forced me to look within to discover who I really am as a woman. Was I living up to my potential? No, I was not. I was simply buried amongst my 'stuff'.

The past few years have been undoubtedly the most challenging moments in my life, but I would not take them back for anything. Through the hardships, the trials, the countless tears, and the stress, I can truthfully say that I now know who I really am. 

I am confident in the identity that I have built. I am confident that I can stand alone without the security blanket of my 'stuff'. I know what is feels like to work hard. I know what it is like to appreciate everything that you have. I am now understanding what it truly means to live life.

We don't need to be constantly getting ready to live life--let's start living it each day.

Here are some beautiful things that have helped me through my hard times....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment