Tuesday, October 25

Following your dreams

This may sound superficial, but I just got home from a long night class, poured a glass of wine, and turned on the season finale of The Rachel Zoe Project. I am an avid Rachel Zoe follower in all media outlets--I subscribe to the Zoe Report, watch her show, follow her on Twitter, and spoke with her assistant, Jordan, on a weekly basis at my internship at Christian Dior. I am extremely inspired by her. She essentially founded her career--she is the first of her kind. 

She established styling as a career and has not only made a career of out it, but she made her dream a reality. During the finale, her successes throughout the past year were channeled. In the past year she started a new clothing line (with eight store-in-store's in Bloomingdale's), had a beautiful baby named Skylar, moved into her dream home, expanded her business, styled the host for the Oscar's, and is more in love with her husband Roger than ever. 

I found myself tearing up during the finale. I couldn't help but tear up when she and her husband Roger had their "team"over for a barbeque to celebrate their successful year as a company and she and Roger made a toast thanking everyone for their contributions to their company. Neither of them (Rachel or Roger) could have experienced the level of success they had with out them. The point in all of this is that Rachel diligently followed her dream from an early age and through hard work and perseverance, she achieved it. Not only did she achieve her dreams, she 100% exceeded them in all aspects. 

Graduating in April is a constant reminder that my dreams are just beginning. My dreams for my future are more relevant now than ever and are more important than ever. My journey through college has adequately prepared me for the future to live out my dream. 

When thinking about my dreams and my future I am constantly reminded of the following quote:

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined"
Henry David Thoreau


My new found dreams surround beautiful things. I am excited by beautiful things, inspired by beautiful things, and uplifted by beautiful things. By going confidently in the direction of my dreams, I am one step closer to living the one I imagine for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment