Tuesday, December 6

Kappa Kappa Gamma Presents Formal

I discovered my passion for event planning after being elected events chairman for my sorority last fall. I am so thankful that I was elected to this position because if I had not who knows if my passion would be as clear. 

Kappa Kappa Gamma
From a young age I have always had a gift for aesthetics. I have typically appreciated beautiful things more than the average person and typically get more excited about beautiful things than the average person. I am the girl who has been planning her wedding since I was a little girl. I am the girl that has a folder on her desktop entitled "inspiration" aka "wedding". I am the girl who gets excited over flower arrangements, candles, lanterns, wine glasses, antique china, engagement rings, perfect wedding dresses and sappy love stories. Some would call me a hopeless romantic and I would not disagree. I draw inspiration largely from websites such as stylemepretty.com, etsy.com, Rachel Ashwell for Shabby Chic's blog, various magazines, nature and stories. I hope to one day channel all of my passions for beautiful things into creating the perfect backdrop for couples on the most beautiful day of their lives--their wedding. Event planning makes me happy, it gets me excited, it is my niche. 

While Kappa Kappa Kappa fall formal is a bit different than your average wedding but it still allowed me to be creative and innovative with the resources I had. Formal took place on Nov. 19 in Marina Del Ray at the Fantasea Yacht Club and was dedicated to our new pledge class aka "Presents formal". It was for 150 people and was a hit. I used Rebecca Chung at Blossom Floral who executed my vision for the flowers perfectly, Susie Cakes for the dessert bar, Extreme Entertainment for the lighting, photo booth, transportation and set-up, and DJ Pat Swayzak for the entertainment. Here are a few pictures from the event:
The Fantasea Ballroom
Presents



Photo booth
DJ Pat Swayzak
My Date
The Sweets Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment