Wednesday, December 7

Homemade Soup

Tonight I was feeling inspired to cook. Cooking has always been my way of relieving stress after a long day but for some reason my desire to cook has been nonexistent lately. At least until tonight. So, to cure my craving I ventured to PC Greens and decided to try something new. I am not a huge fan of recipe's so I purchased items that looked good. I ended up checking out with the following items:
  • Kale
  • A bottle of Chianti
  • Orzo Pasta
  • Carrots
  • Onion
  • Tomato
  • Vegetable broth
  • 1 Potato
When I got home I decided to throw it all together to make homemade soup. I was skeptical at first but it actually turned out to be delicious. I made enough for left-overs so I am quite happy. Here are the photos of my meal and if you decide that it looks good and you want to try a super healthy and easy dinner then read further to find my step-by-step instructions. 
Step 1: Find three large pots
Step 2: Place vegetable broth in a soup pot with 1/2 cup of water. Add in canned tomato's, kidney beans, garlic, salt, and pepper
Step 3: Boil the potato and carrots for about 15 minutes or until tender. Once tender, remove from boiling water and cut up
Step 4: Turn on vegetable broth/tomato pot on med. heat and slowly add in ingredients.
Step 5: Rinse and cut up kale and add to soup
Step 6: Add cooked potato's and carrot's to soup
Step 7: Boil orzo rice for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water and add to soup.
Step 8: Add garlic to soup and let simmer for however long you desire
Step 9: Pour yourself a glass of wine and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment