Monday, December 12

When it rains, it pours

My Beautiful Mother
They say that when it rains, it pours and today proved that statement to be correct. This morning, my Mom got into a bad car accident while she was driving to a pain therapy rehab for chronic injuries she has in her back, neck, and hands from a fall a few years ago. It seems too ironic to be true but it is. Thank God that she is okay and thank God that she was driving a safe car. She did have to go to the hospital and has two sprained wrists, a broken thumb, and severe whip lash in addition to her already pinched nerve in her neck and herniated discs in her back. The car was deemed 'not drivable' and was towed away from the scene.

My Mom is the strongest woman that I know. She has truly been through everything and is the glue that holds my family together. She is my inspiration, my biggest cheerleader, and the best possible Mother anyone could ever ask for. Words cannot even describe how incredible she is and how strong she is. The season we are in right now (and have been for three years) is one of pouring rain. My family just can't seem to catch a break but despite everything, my Mom remains so positive and faithful. I really don't know how she does it but she is the reason that I am here today blogging, attending Pepperdine, having great faith, getting by everyday, and trusting that in the end it will all be okay.

So tonight it is ironically raining in Malibu. I woke up this morning feeling positive, uplifted, and excited for the week to fly by. I end the night stressed out, overwhelmed, confused, and hurt. The scariest thing in the world is to have a family member, especially your Mother, who is in pain and you can't do anything about it. So, to all of you who follow my blog or read my posts occasionally please pray for my Mother tonight. She needs all of the positive encouragement, support, and prayer she can get so that she (and we) can move through this season.

Today served as a reminder that today has enough worries of its own and that tomorrow is not promised so we better live in the moment and cherish each second of our lives together. I am still amazed by the faith my Mom has tonight, even in the midst of great pain and suffering both physically and emotionally and without her strength, my family would be no where.

2 comments:

  1. Chels, I'm glad your mom is okay. This is a touching piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a real gem. love you to pieces. xxox

    ReplyDelete